Sculptra is a biostimulator containing microparticles of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) and as a polymer it can generate a tissue response. Sculptra is a biostimulator that also creates volume! The degree of induced inflammatory response varies by:
- Amount & properties of the biomaterial used
- Location (injection plane)
- Injection methodology into the tissue
- Characteristics of the patient
It is suitable for increasing the volume of depressed areas, particularly to correct skin depressions, such as in skin creases, wrinkles, folds, scars, and for skin aging. Sculptra is also suitable for large volume corrections of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy). It is supplied as a sterile freeze-dried powder in a clear glass vial. Each vial contains:
- Poly-L-lactic acid – 150 mg
- Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose – 90 mg
- Mannitol – 127.5 mg
PLLA is not a filler, it is a biostimulator. Biostimulator is a substance (polymer) that leads to collagen production, throughout a controlled inflammatory response. Clinical study biopsies demonstrate that PLLA gradually promotes collagen growth.
Patients want to look good for their age and want something other than line and wrinkle treatment. They want to experience long-lasting treatment results. Sculptra creates a youthful-looking appearance by revitalizing collagen production. It restores volume by revitalizing collagen and improves the skin’s inner structure.
You should avoid using Sculptra in these situations:
- Active local inflammation or infection
- Areas of hyperdynamic muscles
- History of keloids and hypertrophic scars
- Connective tissue diseases
- Active immunological disease
- Pregnancy or lactation
Injection recommendations are:
- Consider aspiration before injection to avoid intravascular deposition
- To maintain a homogeneous suspension throughout the procedure, intermittently agitate the syringe
- If clogging occurs, remove needle, expel a small amount of product, attach a new needle, expel a few drops to eliminate air & recheck for needle blockage
- Avoid superficial injections to avoid papules or nodules at injection site
Clinical results are achieved with a series of repeated treatments. A Sculptra treatment program typically includes 2 or 3 treatment sessions every 4-6 weeks, with 1-2 vials per session to achieve desired effect. Effects develop gradually due to the time needed for the body to stimulate collagen production and resultant changes in the skin appearance, gradual result that are natural looking. Results are visible and noticeable for at least 25 months.
67% of women considering treatment stated that looking refreshed and improving their skin’s appearance was a primary treatment goal of facial injectable treatment. Good skin quality conveys well-being, fitness, good health, psychological balance, and youthfulness. Patients and considerers are spending a significant amount od money on skin care products. 2/3 of women surveyed wanted to refresh their skin’s appearance with a facial injectable treatment.
Nasha technology produces a stabilized hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid (HA) molecules are stabilized with chemical crosslinks so they are more resistant to degradation. The effect is long-lasting from HA that resembles natural HA, but lasts months vs days for non-stabilized HA. Injecting stabilized HA increases HA levels within the skin.
You should use RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS to:
- Improve visible lines which appear when smiling and at rest
- Restore the plumpness and radiance to that hydrated skin
- Improve skin appearance without adding volume
- Improve skin that has become rough or has an uneven texture
- And when skin has lost elasticity and looks tired and worn
You should introduce needle at 30 degree and see the shape of the needle, but not the needle itself. Move needle retrograde perpendicular to the cheek line and click 3-4 times along the movement path and space boluses evenly across the length of the retracting needle.