Incontinence is the fastest growing category in the feminine health market. The patients spend $900 yearly for adult incontinence products. 30% of females in their 30’s has incontinence, 8% severe. 60 % of females in their 80’s has incontinence. The patients with this problem do not seek care because of:
- Embarrassment, social taboos
- Normalization of “leaking” as a part of female experience
- Lack of knowledge or financial resources
- May feel surgery is the only option
And even they go after treatment it leads to no solid advice, bad experiences and even mash controversy.
Types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress urinary incontinence is associated with activities increasing intra-abdominal pressure (e.g. coughing, sneezing, laughing)
- Urge incontinence involves an involuntary loss of urine occurring when a person has a strong, sudden need to urinate
- Mixed urinary incontinence involves symptoms of stress and urge urinary incontinence
We do pelvic exams on all patients before and after completion of Emsella. Assessment of degree of prolapse, vaginal estrogenization, and pre-treatment qualitative exam of the pelvic floor muscle (PFM). GYN survey found that 96% of females will have grades from 0-2 on exam.
US FDA cleared to provide entirely non-invasive electromagnetic stimulation of pelvic floor musculature for purpose of rehabilitation of weak pelvic muscles and restoration od neuromuscular control for the treatment of urinary incontinence in women. BTL EMSELLA works on the principle of patented high intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HIFEM). This is a extremely powerful focused electromagnetic field. Its high intensityenables to reach supramaximal muscle contractions, while the patient comfortably sits on the Emsella chair.
The right candidates of BTL EMSELLA:
- Category 1: pre-menopausal, minimal POP, stress incontinence
- Category 2: post-menopausal or multiparous, mild to moderate POP, stress or urge incontinence
- Category 3: any age with severe symptoms, moderate prolapse, mixed incontinence